Nick Pasko

Programmer goes enterpreneurship.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Taking off

Yesterday I've gor fired.
Finally.

It was an interesting experience, watching myself from the inside, when I heard that. You're fired. Yes, I've felt a lot of happiness and relief, yet.. some dark side of my inner being was scared to death, screaming aloud and thrashing about with it's eyes goggled. What the hell, how can I be fired? Damn, damn, damn!

Well, it was at least understandable, if not expected. Provided I've never been taught to work on myself instead of working on someone, provided the "finish the school / university / get a stable job / save some money / perhaps buy an appartement or build a house / die" lifestyle is still widespread in the post-USSR area, being the only lifestyle possible for several generations.
Even more, quite a big part of my self-respect was always based on my income. On my ability to generate an income, to be precise. And when you have a stable job, this ability is easily measured and is quite reassuring.

Well, no more easily-measured income for me. Big deal. :)

Anyway, by today my feelings and thoughts are much more set up, and I'm looking forward to do some actual work now. :)

Wish me luck, guys! :)

3 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you can set up your business! Everything will be fine. Good luck

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Nick Pasko said...

Thanks! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home