Nick Pasko

Programmer goes enterpreneurship.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

ill effects

I've been ill for more than a week now, sitting at home doing nothing.
Well, mostly nothing.
Actually, that 'nothing', as I think of it now, was more like "trying to get my health back, thinking of my new startup, doing those simple things I can do from my home, like fixing my father's laptop, fixing my mother's laptop, getting that damn programmer to do some actual work, trying to hire a rookie webmaster, and anxiously trying to contact my business partner".
So there was something more than simply whining and yawning after all.

In fact, the most important thing was to find out where my angel-friend has gone. You see, he wasn't answering my e-mails, haven't shown in the ICQ, and I even started to think that he had changed his mind about our mutual business.
Well, it turned out that he'd gone for a break, intending to get some rest after all, cutting out all contacts with the business world. I can understand that, even though his decision made me worry a lot.

Anyway, the period of woriness made me think over my future once again.
Not surprisingly, I came out even more reinforced in my decisions to stop working at my day job and start my own business.
Even if I won't be able to raise some funds from an angel, even if I won't be able to find the angel in the first place - I will not return to the "stable" work. Not while I will raise enough funds to pay rent and feed my family. And it is unlikely for me not to be able to do that.

In fact, as far as I can see, once I made my conscious decision to leave, a whole bunch of possibilities have fallen upon me. Even if my startup will fail, I will start another business, perhaps even not software-related at all. Even if all my plans will fail - I can work for the local companies on a "do this work - get that sum" basis, more like a freelancer than an office worker. Work for them, and think for myself.

I am sure that if a person intends to start a business, and is persistent in his (or her, for those sexists out there) actions to fulfill these intentions - this person will eventually succeed. It certainly won't be easy, and there will sertainly be a number of failures along the way, but the outcoming success is inevitable. :)

So, I think my illness was kind of useful, at least for making my view more concentrated and.. uh, solid. :)

3 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Nick Pasko said...

um, Tiffany, could you please confirm that you're a living person, not a bot apamming my blog for a few free clicks? :)

I'm being a bit paranoid about those bots lately, so please take no offence if you're a living person :)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Nick Pasko said...

I suppose she is not.. ^_^;;

 

Post a Comment

<< Home